- While 32% will spend more than $1M over the next 18 months, 12% will spend between $500K and $999K; 20% will spend between $100K and $499K and over 36% will spend less than $100,000.
- On average MODEX attendees have 34 lift trucks at their facilities.
- 78% attend to evaluate and compare products before purchasing a specific product.
- 60% have facilities over 100,000 sq. feet and 25% have facilities over 500,000 sq. ft.
- 78% plan to build and expand their facilities.
- 60% of attendees are end-users/purchasers of material handling and logistics equipment and systems. 18% are dealers, distributors, manufacturers, importers and exporters.
MODEX 2018 takes place in Atlanta in just a few weeks on April 9 – 12, 2018 at the Georgia World Congress Center. This year, attendees have been registering in record numbers, according to the MODEX team, who highlighted some of the demographics recently:–50% are corporate or senior management –27% are middle management –81% have buying power –62% buy for distribution centers –43% buy for manufacturing facilities –49% buy for warehouses supporting manufacturing –32% plan on spending over $1 million over the next 18 months –91% are coming to see new products and innovations –61% are coming to network and learn.MODEX attendees are looking for solutions in Automation Equipment and Systems; Conveyor and Sortation Equipment; Fork Lift Trucks; Packaging and Shipping Solutions; Racks, Shelving and Storage Equipment; Automatic Identification & Data Collection/Radio Frequency Identification (RFID); and Software Systems for Warehousing, Distribution and Logistics.Other interesting stats from MODEX include: