MODEX 2018 takes place in Atlanta in just a few weeks on April 9 – 12, 2018 at the Georgia World Congress Center. This year, attendees have been registering in record numbers, according to the MODEX team, who highlighted some of the demographics recently:
–50% are corporate or senior management
–27% are middle management
–81% have buying power
–62% buy for distribution centers
–43% buy for manufacturing facilities
–49% buy for warehouses supporting manufacturing
–32% plan on spending over $1 million over the next 18 months
–91% are coming to see new products and innovations
–61% are coming to network and learn.
MODEX attendees are looking for solutions in Automation Equipment and Systems; Conveyor and Sortation Equipment; Fork Lift Trucks; Packaging and Shipping Solutions; Racks, Shelving and Storage Equipment; Automatic Identification & Data Collection/Radio Frequency Identification (RFID); and Software Systems for Warehousing, Distribution and Logistics.
Other interesting stats from MODEX include:
- While 32% will spend more than $1M over the next 18 months, 12% will spend between $500K and $999K; 20% will spend between $100K and $499K and over 36% will spend less than $100,000.
- On average MODEX attendees have 34 lift trucks at their facilities.
- 78% attend to evaluate and compare products before purchasing a specific product.
- 60% have facilities over 100,000 sq. feet and 25% have facilities over 500,000 sq. ft.
- 78% plan to build and expand their facilities.
- 60% of attendees are end-users/purchasers of material handling and logistics equipment and systems. 18% are dealers, distributors, manufacturers, importers and exporters.
Regardless of what products you are looking for, make sure you stop by the UNEX Booths B2331 and B2337 to see our full range of order picking solutions, including the patented carton flow solution Span-Track, a full line of gravity conveyor products tailored to the order picking process and UNEX Flow Cells for durable, modular and portable storage for the manufacturing floor.